Wednesday, September 08, 2010

so...vermont is amazingly beautiful.

and i know that because on sunday we decided to take a little trip there for the holiday weekend.  it was about a 5 hour drive (which translates to about 1 hour in anderson time) and we had a great time.  vermont is so fresh, so incredibly clean and the leaves are already starting to turn to amazing colors.  we stayed at a hotel near burlington on sunday night where we went to church street for dinner and ben & jerry's ice cream and then did some hotel swimming before bedtime.  monday morning craig woke up bright and early to hike vermont's high point while the boys did some more swimming.  then we were off to um, let's see...the ben & jerry's ice cream factory for a tour and lots of ice cream.  we also stopped at the birthplace of joseph smith, you know, 'cause we're mormons and all, and our final stop was to rutland, vt where craig spent his last 3 years of high school.  dinner in rutland was stellar.  we dined at the ponderosa all-you-can-eat buffet which totally blew sy's mind...the idea that you can go back for more...as many times as you want...holy crap!


enjoy the show!


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free photo slideshow personalized with Smilebox

10 comments:

Jill said...

great weekend, love the idea of ben & jerry's factory!

The Girl said...

i cannot BELIEVE you guys were in vermont this weekend, too! kurt and i were there saturday and sunday and came thisclose to going to rutland on sunday, but bailed at the last minute. so sorry we missed you guys!!

Kristi said...

Ben & Jerry's factory...that's like a dream...my favorite non kid pic was the last picture!

BIGSKYBLAST said...

Arghh...I don't wax nostalgic very often about places (people, yes!) but this video just about killed me!

How I LOVE the JSM, but what's with the CART? We used to walk the road.

It was a gorgeous trip and I'm thrilled to see it all. Thanks.

re: the stone wall.....Craig, do you remember that Aunt Cathy (Ms. California) used to call them "rock fences"? I died laughing the first time I heard that!

Have a great week and Craig, thanks for the phone call. It was wonderful!

Have a good one!

Nataluscious said...

Vermont is one of my favorite places! (OK, I have a lot of those) Next time you go, be sure to go to Stowe and stop by (or stay at) the Von Trapp family lodge up there. I once had asparagus soup there that still ranks as one of the top 5 meals of my life. It's also insanely beautiful. The first weekend or two in October is the best time of all. I'm so jealous! Hopefully we can go sometime soon and visit you guys!

Sophia said...

I can't even tell you how excited I am to visit Vermont. So glad you guys are the experts and can one day give us the grand Anderson tour.

Anne...I really miss you. I've been thinking about going up to visit you. We'll see how things go...just returned from the shore and it was a lot of work and a lot of Clark screaming in the car, so a road trip is the last thing on my list right now.

thelisifamily said...

Great slide show Annie!! Enjoyed it all and so did Mason- he watched it multiple times and asked when he could see Sy's Dad again- be sure to tell Craig :)

Melissa said...

What a fun trip! Josiah and I miss you and Sy in piano :(.

Julie said...

What a neat trip! I'd love to take the family on an East Coast road trip someday..

Angie Judd said...

That Sy has some serious personality! I think I need to go to the Ben & Jerry's factory some time.
I sure miss you guys...