Tuesday, July 20, 2010

my favorite artist...



cassandra barney was featured on mormon.org in their "i'm a mormon" segment.  i have a few of her pieces and am a little bit obsessed with her (in a totally non-creepy way).  occasionally she asks for people to send her personal stories for her to use as inspiration.  a few months ago i wrote in to her and she painted a small exvoto for me.  i will post about that another time.  here is a link to her short video...

p.s.  i own the "be where your feet are" painting that is shown in the video.


http://www.mormon.org/me/18TC-eng

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I watched the video....she seems like a cool lady. I had noticed that painting of hers in your home....love the meaning behind it....a good reminder for all of us.

susan said...

I see why you like her! Cool video and awesome art!! I would love to see the painting she did for you-

Mesia said...

Hi Anne! Love the video...thanks! Also, I love your new place! I miss you!