Friday, June 12, 2009

a day of firsts...

this morning was busy. sy had his first tennis lesson and it was really exciting for both of us. i think i was about sy's age when i started taking tennis lessons and it brought back so many memories for me. i feel like i have grown up on the tennis court. my whole life i was either watching my mom play, watching my sister play, or taking lessons and playing in tournaments myself. i just love the feeling of that environment...the sounds, the smells, drinking water from the cooler out of little paper cones. sy did it all today and he had a great time.
after tennis we ran home for a quick snack and then were off to karate for both boys. thanks to this guy...
sy has decided he wants to do karate instead of soccer this year so i took both boys to a karate studio for an introductory lesson. it was pretty awesome. they both did punches and kicks and jumps.

13 comments:

the andersons said...

so cute! they look adorable in their karate outfits!

Sophia said...

Oh my gosh!!! They look so incredibly adorable in those karate outfits. Makes me want to take karate lessons, although there is no way I would look as cute.

BIGSKYBLAST said...

Oh yeah.....NICE GOING, SY! Grandma can't wait to see your "moves" next week!

I always wished I had learned to play tennis...

Such great experiences. They're lucky boys.

Angie Judd said...

What fun activities! My boys had the same instructor for a while! We love that place. :D

Ben and Summer said...

How fun! Wow, you guys are busy. The boys look great at everything:) And I had no idea you were a tennis expert...

Chris said...

haha. Anne, it's so fun to read your blog. Fist of all, those boys came to my house too!!! ahh. so funny. I told them I was broke and that I'm sure if they did something nice for their mom, she would like that better than any present they could give her. They didn't seem to like my response. haha.
Also, good for Sy for doing tennis lessons. When you talk about tennis, you sound just like one of my best friends who is a huge tennis person. Her favorite smell is a freshly opened can of tennis balls.

Tiffanie Bryant

Melin said...

What a fun summer! Have fun getting to know that karate instructor...

Nataluscious said...

K1 just started tennis this year too ;). He loves it! (Although he's having a hard time understanding the concept that you don't actually want to get the ball over the fence. He is so proud of himself for his super high/hard hits. The coach had to tell him that he didn't have to hold the racket like a baseball bat ;))

Katie Goulding Sierer said...

So cute!

thelisifamily said...

That indoor court looks awesome and Sy's form is very good :) Cannot believe how cute they look in those outfits- and how cool that they come to the house to check on their rooms!

Anonymous said...

What cute boys! So I need to talk to you after we have Nate to get into all the boy stuff. I am very out of it! Heatehr

Emily said...

Ahhhh! Nothing like the smell of NEW tennis balls! I am dying to get out and play. I keep telling my husband I want to play him so I can run his arse all over the court and show no mercy.....because that is the kind of competitor I am!
Your boys are growing up too fast! They are soooo dang cute!

Lei said...

i can't believe how small they look out there on the tennis court... so cute!