Wednesday, February 04, 2009

this is what happens...


when i watch too many crime shows on tv.


i eventually have to give craig (my extremely gentle and kind husband) the talk.

the one that goes like this,

"so...if you ever decide that you don't love me anymore, or that you don't want to be married anymore, please just tell me and walk out the door. you don't need to kill me in my sleep or hire some big thug to hunt me down and do me in. we are civil, sane people. right??"

to which craig responds with only a look that says something along the lines of, "i am not even dignifying that with a response."

you should hear the talk i give him after i have watched too many oprah "my husband of 20 years just told me he he is gay" episodes.

7 comments:

Kristi said...

I totally get it :-)

shalynn said...

i'm cracking up with a familiar feeling.

susan said...

I've asked Paul not to kill me down the road many, many times! Since then we have cut back severely on crime shows.

ToddS said...

Should I be embarrassed that I've had similar conversations with Craig while at work? "Hey, Craig, ol' buddy! If down the road you or I do something stupid at work and get fired, let's promise each other that we will pass over each other's cubes during our shooting spree. Not that I'm considering that, but I'm worried you might." Is it because he's so nice? Could it be that deep below that wonderful exterior there's a deep evil waiting to come out? Anne, keep an eye on him and let us know.

Jill said...

this makes me laugh.

BIGSKYBLAST said...

How I love your "Reality check" blogs entries. I, too, have a very long list of crime shows. TIVO has eliminated ANY CHANCE that I will miss a single episode!

But I do have to admit I can HEAR Craig's "look". I've seen it myself.

Amanda Neilson said...

So true! I had to stop watching Law & Order a long time ago because i was becoming paranoid!