Saturday, October 07, 2006

Pasture Enough for My Imagination

We have had camping reservations at the Guadalupe River State Park for a few months now so even though Anne was going to be suddenly out of town, I had this great idea that I would take the kids on my own. What was I thinking?! Actually, it went well. Soren is teething so that made it a little more challenging but all in all I would say it was definitely a success. We made friends with our campsite neighbors, saw two deer, saw two armadillo, and played in the river.

Despite the challenges in bringing these little guys camping, I love going. I would be lying if I didn't say there was some selfish motivation included in there though. I fully expect the effort to pay dividends when I have older boys who love to go trekking with their Dad. What, you ask, if all my efforts are vain and they end up not liking to camp? I will probably derail.

A picture where they are both smiling! These are few and far between.

Soren has taken well to being in water. This type of thing would have freaked Sy out at 12 months old.

Our little slice of heaven.

"Though the view from my door was still more contracted, I did not feel crowded or confined in the least. There was pasture enough for my imagination." - Henry David Thoreau

No comments: